Delivery in 1-2 Weeks
Pelican NoiseWorks developed the Pelitaur in 2015 to be a gnarly, nasty, unique fuzz with simple, interactive controls. The result was wildly successful, paying satirical homage to a similar looking "taur", but sounding nothing like anything else out there. No clones about it!
Leon from Pelican and Brian from Spruce became friends around the same time as the Pelitaur came out and Spruce released their first line of effects. A collaboration in the future was almost guaranteed. After sticking a Spruce Effects staple, the Growth Ring Germanium boost, in front of a Pelitaur, magical things happened. Brian and Leon started throwing around ideas on how to get new and unique sounds out of the already awesome Pelitaur circuit. After much iteration, Brian added his signature Germanium touch to the Pelitaur circuit and incorporated a full-range Germanium boost to the front end of the Pelitaur. The Germanium sections of the new Pelican and Spruce brainchild feature hard-to-find NOS components.
The fuzz side features a souped-up, gain-juice filled, germanium-ified Pelitaur circuit. The clipping structure has completely changed for a ton of really new and unique sounds on tap. Depending on the gain knob settings, you can get sputtery, gated fuzz all the way to high gain, smooth Germanium clipping. Overall, it is a little lower gain, yet higher in gnarlyness.
The boost side features light-up hidden controls. The lefthand LED (knob) controls the gain of the boost. The righthand LED (knob) controls the frequency of the boost. Counter-clockwise is treble, clockwise is bass. Dial it in for a treble or full-range boost. You can add some vintage color to your tone, or slam your amp or Pelitaur circuit with 20dB of boost.
• Neutrik Jacks
• True Bypass
• Enclosure printed and drilled in the USA
• Hand wired and assembled in California and Oregon
• NOS Germanium transitors and diodes
• High-quality Wima/Kemet/Nichicon capacitors
• Standard negative ground power--this pedal plays nicely with others!
We always recommend high-quality, isolated power supplies.
• Top-mounted jacks, input on right, output on left
• True-bypass stomp switches control each channel independently
• By activating the "boost" side alone, both indicator LEDs turn green
• By activating the "fuzz" side alone, the lefthand indicator LED turns red
• When both fuzz and boost are activated, the right indicator LED turns green, and the lefthand indicator LED turns amber
• "Gain" is a blend control of two internal fuzz circuits. Full counter-clockwise is one fuzz, full clockwise is the other. The freedom is yours to blend any way you see fit
• "Treble" is where things get even more interesting. Each fuzz circuit has its own dedicated tone stack, but both are controlled by the single "Treble" knob. Each tone circuit works in reverse of the other. When cutting highs in one circuit, lows of the other circuit are cut
• "Output" controls the overall volume of the fuzz side
• Lefthand indicator LED plays double duty as the control knob for the boost gain while the righthand indicator LED plays double duty as the control knob for the boost tone control